Fishing Gear for India recommended by Italo
Suggested Fishing Equipment for India Freshwater Fishing
Masheer, Catfish, Carp
Rod & Reel outfits:
- Medium heavy to heavy action, 2-piece spinning rods rated for monofilament line weight from 12-25 lb. are suggested with rod lengths from 8-11’.
- Spinning reels should hold at least 200 yds. of 20 lb. test line.
- Medium-heavy action baitcasting 2-piece rods rated for 12-25 lb. are suggested with rod lengths from 6-8’ in length.
- Baitcasting reels should hold at least 200 yds. of 20 lb. test line.
- Anglers should bring a variety of fishing lines to meet specific fishing conditions and fish sizes. We suggest you bring; 12 lb., 14lb., & 20 lb. test clear or green monofilament lines.
- Fluorocarbon leaders in 12, 14, 20 & 30 lb. test is also advised if fishing in clearer water.
- Braided lines can also be used in 20 – 50 lb. test.
- Assortment of snaps & snap swivels.
- Fly gear: 9/10 wt., 9-11’ fly rods matched with large-arbour fly reels with efficient drags. Nine & Ten-weight weighted-forward floating fly lines and sinking line. Streamer flies in sizes #1-3/0. Fluorocarbon leaders ranging from 10-14 lb. test.
- www.rapala.com Husky Jerk, Jointed Rapala, Original Rapala, X-Rap & Max Rap in sizes from #9-#13 will work well.
- www.bluefox.com Vibrax Spinners in sized #3, #4, & #5.
- www.luckystrikebaitworks.com Spoons: Rocket, Scarlet Eye, Rainbow, Gator, Attractor, Humper, Canoe. Spoons will work best in the 3-4” size.
- Lure colors should include silver/gold (base colors), with blue, green, brown, black accent colors. Fluorescent colors such as firetiger and chartruse with accent colors can also work well in stained water conditions.
Carp/Catfish Terminal Tackle/Bait
- Bait hooks in sizes #4-#2.
- Assortment of sinkers.
- Assortment of floats.
- Prepared Catfish & Carp Bait.
- Spring Feeder.
- Electronic Strike Indicators.
- Rod holders
Rod & Reel Outfits
- Ultralight to light-action spinning outfits in 2-piece/4-piece configuration. Rods ranging in length from 5’-8’ with line ratings from 4-12 lb. test.
- Spinning reels should hold at least 100 yds. of 6 lb. test line.
- Anglers should bring a variety of fishing lines to meet specific fishing conditions and fish sizes. We suggest you bring; 6 lb. & 8lb., . test clear or green monofilament lines.
- Fluorocarbon leaders in 6 & 8 lb. test is also advised if fishing in clearer water.
- Assortment of small snaps & snap swivels.
- Fly gear: 4-8 wt., 9-11’ fly rods matched with small to medium size fly reels with efficient drags.
- Four to eight-weight weighted-forward floating fly lines and sinking line.
- Assortment of wet, dry, nymph and streamer flies in sizes from #12 – #4.
- Fluorocarbon leaders ranging from 4-8 lb. test.
Rapala Countdown #3 & #4, X-Rap #5, Husky Jerk #5, Shad Rap #5.
Vibrax Spinners in sizes #1 & #2.
Lucky Strike Spoons in 1-2” size.
Hair Jigs in 1/8 oz. size
Landing & Releasing larger fish
Collapsible landing net.
Rubber boots or hip waders.
First Aid Kit.
Shorts & outdoor long pants
Water-resistant hiking boots